Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A WEEKEND VACATION

     It came as a surprise, it was a summer and I've just graduated from the elementary grades. One day , we had a visitor , a middle aged lady, the same age as  my mother , we've been introduced  to each other and only then I knew that she was my god mother at baptism. She worked abroad as a physical therapist in a private hospital and decided to spent her vacation here in the Philippines she's also the one who gives me gift like dress,material things chocolate and jewelry every time that there is occasion especially when Christmas come. She and my mother have been best friends since their childhood and when they were in high school they met Marissa who came from pangasinan, the three girls formed their friendship ever since. when she arrived here my god mother was excited to see Marissa and asked my mother to join her in the trip. My godmother also asked me to tagged along because I was not a baby anymore.


    A day before the trip , we packed all the clothes that we need for a weekend vacation. I helped my mother to prepared that was eaten during the trip. We fetched my god mother in Quezon city and we rode in a van which was not air conditioned, we just let the window open to let the air come in., although its too hot during that time i am still excited to see the beauty of pangasinan. By 7 o'clock we traveled along the north expressway. As a city girl it was a wonderful experienced to see hills, some are still verdant with grass while others are dotted with houses.when we reached the bulacan area I smelled pig manure, I felt so disgusting but after a while i smelled fresh air then the smell of pinipig. I saw hectares of rice fields and farmers threshing palay. After bulacan, we entered the candaba viaduct and I saw water melons all around . I've been told that they were sold in divisoria and balintawak, after an hour we reach tarlac, then i felt sleepy when I woke up we were in pangasinan.

    When we go down on the van I saw Tita Marissa, she was very happy to see her old friends again I saw their happiness  during that time on their face because of their smile. She introduced to us her family. her husband is a farmer and they owned hectares of  land planted with mangoes. after the introducing hour the family set a hearty lunch, that is a table laden with green and ripe mangoes. I sat on a hammock and enjoyed the surrounding. I saw greens all around and also the crystal color of water. By 4 o'clock in the afternoon we went up the hill and saw how those trees were heavy with green mangoes, they almost touched the ground. At 7 o'clock, we had dinner , we got to bed early because we will going somewhere the next day. I cannot wait to see other scenery's in pangasinan and to eat all the products it has.

    When the morning came , I've been awaken by the noise downstairs, I saw them all enjoy while eating their breakfast then I join with them and my mother told me to hurry up because we will going to alaminos. from there, we will ride a boat, while we are on the ride I saw how clear the water was and the shells lying around there's also a waves that goes here and there I felt the boat shaking plus the vastness of the water. I didn't tel my mother that I was afraid. I thought that we might get lost then, after 30 minutes I saw the small, smaller,smallest islands. When we reached our destination, we went swimming near the sea shore, we enjoyed basking in the sun , walking up the trails of the islands and met some people there. At 3 o'clock we need to prepare our things to leave the place and rode in a boat. on the next day, we went to calasiao to buy coconut, candles, coco jam , tupig and even bagoong. it tooks a long trip feel tired and exhausted but happy.

  It was a very enjoyable vacation even though it was just a weekend, I met new friends and we've been chatting to each other , right now they are in manila for their college studies. I enjoyed their hospitality and I treasured every minute of it. When we went swimming a daughter of Marissa gave us a lot of souvenirs from their province to serve as our remembrance. I find the family so sweet and kind. They gave all the things and attention we need. I also thank god for giving me the opportunity to go to pangasinan and I saw personally those hundred islands. I was also greatful to my godmother for letting me tag along in that trip.

1 comment: